Increase Memory to Niagara AX and stations
Posted on 2016-01-10 12:53:51
Increasing the allocated java memory to Niagara AX and running stations, you need to modify the nre.properties file.
Assuming you're on a Windows platform, you have shut down any running stations, and closed Workbench.
1. In Windows open explorer and go to your Niagara installation directory (e.g. C:\niagara\niagara-3.8.38)
2. Go to the lib folder
3. Find the nre.properties file and open it with notepad or other text file editor
4. Find the text java.options=-Xmx???
5. Change the value after the Xmx to a value proportional to your machines memory (e.g. 1024)
6. Save and close the file. Start Workbench
7. Press F3 to show the console. In the console type in nre -testheap to check the memory allocated
Used by some of the largest companies in the world